Chapter Name: Fibre to Fabric
Activity Name: Things made up of fabric in Fibre to Fabric
In this activity, you will create a list of things in your house that are made up of different types of fabric. You will classify them into categories such as cotton, silk, wool, polyester, linen, etc. To identify the fabrics, you can seek the help of your elders and teachers.
- Pen or pencil
- Paper or notebook
Step by Step Procedure:
- Take a pen or pencil and a paper or notebook.
- Begin by listing the different types of fabric categories such as cotton, silk, wool, polyester, linen, etc.
- Start identifying the things in your house that are made up of fabric.
- Write down the name of each item next to the corresponding fabric category it belongs to.
- If you are unsure about the type of fabric, ask your elders or teachers for assistance.
- Try to enrich your list by including as many things as possible.
Below is an example of how you can organize your observations:
- Athletic wear
Note down your observations in below table format
- When identifying the type of fabric, handle the items gently to avoid damaging them.
- If you are unsure about the fabric type, seek assistance from your elders or teachers.
Lesson Learnt from Experiment:
Through this experiment, you will learn about the different types of fabric and their common uses. It will help you understand the variety of materials that can be made into fabric and how they are used in everyday life.
Additionally, you will develop observational skills and learn to classify items based on their fabric composition.
Science Experiment Kits for Kids