Chapter Name: Electricity Current and it’s Effects
Activity Name: Electric appliance names in Electricity Current and it’s Effects
In this activity, students will identify and categorize various electrical appliances based on their main uses. They will be provided with a list of electrical appliances, and their task is to correctly place each appliance into the corresponding column representing its main use.
- List of electrical appliances: Electric kettle, lift in a building, street lamp, tube light, exhaust fan, rice cooker, cassette player, electric mixer, electric oven, water pump.
- Worksheet or chart with columns labeled with the main uses of electrical appliances.
Step by Step Procedure:
- Introduce the concept of electrical appliances and their various uses to the students.
- Provide the list of electrical appliances to the students.
- Explain the different categories representing the main uses of electrical appliances. For example: “Home Appliances,” “Lighting,” “Entertainment Devices,” “Industrial Appliances,” etc.
- Instruct the students to write the names of each electrical appliance in the correct column based on their main use.
- Allow the students to work individually or in groups to complete the activity.
- Review the answers as a class and discuss any uncertainties or questions.
- The students’ ability to correctly categorize the electrical appliances based on their main uses will be observed during the activity.
Note down your observations in below table format
- Ensure that the students are familiar with the listed electrical appliances and their common uses.
- Provide necessary guidance and clarification to the students if they face difficulties in categorizing any appliance.
Lesson Learnt from Experiment:
This activity aims to enhance the students’ understanding of different electrical appliances and their applications in everyday life. It helps reinforce the concept of electricity usage and the importance of electrical devices in modern society.