Chapter Name: Materials and Things
Activity Name: Finding the objects made from different materials in Materials and Things
The experiment aims to identify and list various objects that are made from different materials. By observing the objects around us, we can understand the diverse range of materials used in everyday items.
- Table listing materials and corresponding objects
Step by Step Procedure:
- Obtain the table listing different materials and corresponding objects.
- Start with the first material, “Metal,” and brainstorm or observe to identify objects made from metal. Write down the objects in the corresponding row of the table.
- Move on to the next material, “Plastic,” and repeat the process of identifying plastic objects.
- Continue the above steps for each material listed in the table: Glass, Wood, Cotton, Leather, Ceramic, and Rock.
- Try to think creatively and come up with as many objects as possible for each material.
- Utensils (forks, spoons, knives)
- Pots and pans
- Jewelry (rings, bracelets, earrings)
- Vehicle parts (engine parts, car body)
- Packaging materials
- Utensils (plates, cups)
- Electrical switches and sockets
- Drinking glasses
- Light bulbs
- Glassware (plates, bowls)
- Picture frames
- Picture frames
- Clothes (shirts, pants, dresses)
- Flower pots
- Bathroom fixtures (sink, toilet)
- Stone walls
- Garden decorations
- Building materials (bricks, concrete)
- Ensure safety while conducting the experiment. Avoid handling sharp objects or materials that may cause harm.
- If working with young children, adult supervision is advised.
- Be cautious when handling fragile objects made from glass or ceramic to prevent breakage or injury.
Lesson Learnt from Experiment:
This experiment helps us understand the wide range of materials used in everyday objects. We realize that different materials have unique properties and are suitable for specific purposes.
By identifying the materials and objects around us, we gain knowledge about the diversity and versatility of materials in our environment.