Chapter Name: Coal and Petroleum
Activity Name: Identifying uses of coal products in Coal and Petroleum
In this activity, students are tasked with listing out the uses of coal products based on Figure-3 as a reference. They are encouraged to engage in discussions with elders and friends to gather additional information about the various applications of coal products.
- Figure-3, pen, paper
Step by Step Procedure:
- Begin by examining Figure-3, which presumably illustrates various coal products.
- Conduct discussions with elders and friends to gather information about the different uses of coal products.
- Create Table 5 in your notebook, with two columns: “Coal Product” and “Uses.”
- As you gather information, fill in the table with the name of the coal product and its respective uses.
- Try to collect as much information as possible to have a comprehensive list of coal product applications.
- If needed, use additional resources for research to supplement your findings.
- Students will observe Figure-3 and identify various coal products.
- They will engage in discussions with elders and friends to collect information about the uses of coal products.
- Table 5 will be populated with the name of coal products and their corresponding applications.
Note down your observations in table format:
- While conducting discussions with others, ensure to respect their opinions and perspectives.
- Verify information from multiple sources to ensure accuracy.
- Handle any additional resources used for research with care.
Lesson Learnt from Experiment:
Through this experiment, students will learn about the diverse uses of coal products, gaining insights into the significance of coal as a natural resource and its applications in various industries and daily life.