Chapter Name: Air, Winds And Cyclones
Activity Name: Observe air circulation in Air, Winds And Cyclones
In this experiment, you will observe air circulation using a bucket of water and a bottle with a narrow mouth. By immersing the bottle in the water, you can investigate if something comes out of the bottle during the process.
- Bottle with a narrow mouth
Step by Step Procedure:
- Fill the bucket with water.
- Take the bottle with a narrow mouth and slowly immerse it in the bucket of water, allowing it to fill with water.
- Observe the bottle closely during the immersion process.
- Notice if any air bubbles come out of the bottle as it fills with water.
- Observe whether the bottle fills entirely with water, leaving no air inside.
- Ensure the bottle has a narrow mouth to make the observations clearer.
- Be cautious while handling water to avoid spills and accidents.
Lesson Learnt from Experiment:
Through this experiment, you will learn that when the bottle is immersed in the water, the air inside it escapes in the form of bubbles. This phenomenon demonstrates how air circulation works and how air moves when it encounters water.