Chapter Name: What do animals eat
Activity Name: Food chains in What do animals eat
In this activity, we will observe a figure and draw a food chain starting from grain and ending with a cat. We will also discuss how food chains can form a web and the consequences of the extinction of a species within the food chain.
Step by Step Procedure:
- Look at the provided figure and make observations.
- Draw a food chain starting from grain and ending with a cat.
- Discuss with others and draw connections between animals to show who eats whom.
- Understand that food chains can form a web where animals depend on multiple sources and types of food.
- Reflect on which category you belong to in the food chain.
The figure represents a food chain or web involving various animals, starting from grain and ending with a cat.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of participants during the activity. Avoid any hazardous materials or situations that could cause harm.
- If using a reference figure or diagram, ensure it is clear and accurate. Make sure all participants can clearly see and understand the connections between the animals.
- Use pencils or non-permanent markers for drawing the connections in the food chain. This allows for easy modifications or corrections if needed.
Lesson Learnt from Experiment:
- Animals have specific diets and food chains represent the flow of energy and nutrients in an ecosystem.
- Food chains can be interconnected, forming a web-like structure.
- Each animal depends on other animals or plant sources for its food.