Chapter Name: Motion and Time
Activity Name: Observing motion of the car in Motion and Time
In this activity, we will observe the motion of a car and its surroundings through a series of pictures.
- Pictures of the car taken at different time intervals showing its motion.
Step by Step Procedure:
- Arrange the pictures of the car taken at different time intervals in chronological order.
- Observe the positions of the car and its surroundings in each picture.
- Analyze the changes in the car’s position and its surroundings.
- The distance between the driver and the car changes. ( )
- The distance between the car and the gate of the house is changed. ( )
- There is no change in the position of the gate of the house with respect to its surroundings. ( )
- There is no change in the position of the car with respect to its surroundings. ( )
- Ensure that the pictures are taken at regular time intervals to capture the car’s motion accurately.
- Keep the camera steady while taking the pictures to avoid distortions in the observations.
Lesson Learnt from Experiment:
From this experiment, we can learn that the car’s motion leads to changes in its position relative to the driver and the gate of the house. However, there is no apparent change in the position of the gate of the house with respect to its surroundings, indicating that the gate is stationary during the observation period.
Similarly, the car’s position seems to change concerning the driver’s perspective, but it remains relatively unchanged concerning its surroundings. This activity helps us understand the concept of motion and how different objects can have varying positions with respect to each other.
Science Experiment Kits for Kids