Chapter Name: Motion and Time
Activity Name: Observing certain motions in Motion and Time
In this activity, you will observe pictures depicting different scenarios of motion and rest. You will read a statement about the first picture and then write similar statements about the other pictures. Finally, you will discuss these scenarios with your friends.
- Pictures depicting different scenarios of motion and rest.
Step by Step Procedure:
- Observe the first picture of the man in the boat moving with respect to the bank of the river. Read the statement provided for this picture.
- Examine the second picture of the girl on the swing.
- Think about her motion with respect to the seat of the swing and the garden.
- Observe the third picture of the girl on the bicycle.
- Consider her motion with respect to the road and the bicycle.
- The man in the boat is moving with respect to the bank of the river. He is at rest with respect to the boat.
- The girl on the swing is swinging back and forth with respect to the seat of the swing. She is at rest with respect to the garden.
- The girl on the bicycle is moving forward with respect to the road. She is at rest with respect to the bicycle.
- Ensure the pictures used in the activity are clear and easy to understand.
- Be cautious while discussing the concept of motion with friends to avoid misunderstandings.
Lesson Learnt from Experiment:
Through this activity, we learned about different scenarios of motion and rest. We observed that motion is relative and can be described with respect to different reference points.