Chapter Name: Seed Dispersal
Activity Name: Seeds in fruits in Seed Dispersal
In this activity, students will collect various types of fruits from their surroundings and investigate the number of seeds present in each fruit. They will then record this information in a table and gather additional details about the seeds.
- Assorted fruits from the surroundings
Step by Step Procedure:
- Collect different types of fruits from your surroundings.
- Carefully open each fruit and count the number of seeds present in each one.
- Create a table to record the name of each fruit and the corresponding number of seeds.
- Research and gather information about the seeds of each fruit, including their size, shape, and potential for germination.
- Record the number of seeds for each fruit in the table.
- Take note of the physical characteristics of the seeds, such as color, size, and shape.
Note down your observations in below table format
- Handle the fruits with care to avoid damaging the seeds inside.
- Be mindful of any potential allergens present in the fruits.
Lesson Learnt from Experiment:
Through this experiment, students will learn about the variation in seed numbers and characteristics among different types of fruits. They will understand that some fruits have a large number of seeds, while others may have only a single seed.
Additionally, they will discover that not all seeds successfully germinate to grow into plants, as factors like environmental conditions and seed viability play a crucial role in the germination process.
Science Experiment Kits for Kids